- Advanced Academic Service: The University library may offer some information service, abstracting service, referencing service, notes for the examination on payment basis for its students, faculty members or off campus academicians.
- Academic Program in distance learning mode: Library may offer some of the very popular professional courses like PGDLAN, PGDLIM under Directorate of Distance Education, with practical exposure to Library Automation Practice. No University in NE Region currently offering this. In India University of Hyderabad, Punjab University, IGNOU, TISS, Mumbai offer these type of courses. The courses are one year duration (two semesters). In most of the universities, the courses are run by Central Library where Dept of LIS does not exist (UOH). Library may also offer Certificate, Diploma in Library Science.
- Short term Training Courses: Library may organise short term training courses of (1 week / 2 week duration) on Library Management, Open Source Library Software like Koha, Dspace, Drupal, Moodle, Joomla, OJS etc. The central library may plan a year-long schedule. For this purpose, the hostel facility may be offered during vacations.
- Library Consultancy: The central Library may start paid consultancy for other libraries regarding library building planning, starting new service, library automation, designing and establishing digital library, on-spot training for library staff etc.
- Digital archive for affiliated colleges: The digital library of affiliated colleges, private academic institutes can be hosted at University Library IDR Server (Dspace) with annual payment basis. Most of the colleges do not have sufficient fund and staff to establish and maintain their own repository.
- Motivational Training: The university library can also arrange regular motivational training courses for local librarians and other library staffs in collaboration with CDC on payment basis. The library officers / senior professionals may also be deputed for conducting training at various academic institutes, affiliated colleges etc to train their library staff.
- Special Library Membership: Central Library has already started offering membership for off campus academicians against payment of membership fee. A good number of visitors including faculty members and research scholars from other universities visit your library regular basis to access our resources. The paid access of E-resources can also be offered on hourly basis along with printing facility.
- Inter Library Loan: The central library may offer its collection on loan to other libraries in Barak valley under inter library loan. Even the affiliated colleges may be offered supply of photocopy of journal articles on request. Even, the library staff may be sent on LOAN during vacations.
- Selling Book Data: The library book database [available in online format] for local language books can be sold, as database for Bengali/Assamese/Bodo/Manipuri etc books are not readily available. The central library can even think of establishing an Z39.5 server for union catalogue of Libraries. Even the Web-OPAC of colleges can also be hosted by Central Library.
*** More options may be added. Kindly provide feedback in comment section or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org