Education : Bachelors Degree in Library & Information Science
Functional Area :Library
Experience Required (in years) :0 to 2
Job Description :
I. Technical processing
- Classification, indexing, abstracting, of Library collection
- Supervising acquisition, accessioning, cataloguing
- Monitor library issues/returns, reservations, follow-up for overdue items, etc.
- Browsing of newspapers, magazines, online resources, electronic databases
- Identifying relevant topics, extent of coverage
- Determining criteria for archives management
- Determining recipients for CAS / SDI
- Establishing contacts with all branch offices & catering to their requirements – be it lending from the collection or providing requisite information with no delay.
- Monitoring publications & web contents for relevant information, culling & categorising details from various sources, & presenting in convenient formats
- Researching, organizing & disseminating information relevant to Housing, Housing Finance Companies and other areas of operations of the HDFC group of companies.
- Sourcing information from existing collection, electronic & web resources & other contacts, to respond to specific queries.
- Upload, disseminate information on relevant current topics through Intranet
- Plan & execute activities/events - As a value addition to its internal customers & enhance positive interaction between the library & its users.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Good interactive & communicative skills
- Computer literacy & internet skills, experience in handling electronic databases